This is a social outing to visit the Olympic Marathon event in London (5th August, women’s event) as BJ’s to mark this years Burnham Beeches Half Marathon. The theme is:
1) wear as much yellow & green as you dare, but as a minimum club vest/t-shirt for members!
2) help hand out some flyers to catch a few inspired spectators/runners to enter the Burnham Beeches Half Marathon
3) soak in the Olympic atmosphere and watch others do a bit of inspired running
When: The women’s Olympic Marathon event takes place at 11am on Sunday 5 August 2012
Where: Meet 8:30am Paddington Station (at main exit opposite platform 9/10 and next to WH Smiths); Departing at 8.40 on foot to Marathon Course (see below)
Marathon viewing point:
Plan A – watch the race around half-way between Westminser Bridge and Embankment, water side – see course map – runners will pass 3 times here!
– Bring your own provisions and come prepared for the weather on the day…be it rain or sun!
– Don’t forget to wear your BJ tops!
– Family/friends are welcome to join in as long as you look after them
Walk 3 miles from Padding Station to Victoria Embankment – walking route
Anybody wants to take public transport once in London – feel free but you need to work out yourself where/how [information here]
What next: If you plan to join please let Nick know, but eitherway a few have already ‘signed-up’ so we will definitely be going.
Disclaimer: this is a self-organised event so organise yourself/take care of yourself! As it happens we are just offering the option to meet up and stand at the same spot to watch!