First of all a big thanks to all of you who have signed up for this year’s event which has sold out – please read the important message below from the Race Director.

Dear Runners,
this morning we did another full inspection of the race route in Cliveden and the ground conditions are GOOD – meaning as one can expect for a XC in winter: some puddles, some mud, a couple of very short slippery sections, otherwise no problem.

So based on the general conditions at this stage the RACE IS STILL GOING AHEAD ON SUNDAY.

BUT PLEASE NOTE: The National Trust has a policy whereby if there is a storm/high winds beyond a certain threshold, they close the ground to the public for safety reasons. This means the situation can change at very short notice.

THEREFORE we will review the situation tomorrow lunch time again and if necessary provide further update. We recommend you please check your emails/the event website both on Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning on race day.

Unfortunately the weather conditions are outside of our control, but we for obvious reasons do not want to make any premature decision either.

REMINDER: in the event of a cancellation a reserve date of 12th January has been arranged.

Best Regards,
Alan Watson (Cliveden XC Race Director)